Currency Team Consultant
eurochange Ltd is a customer driven Company, where our success is dependent upon great people, great brand, great service and great products. To ensure our continued success, we require well-trained and motivated staff that can provide the best possible customer service, which in turn can be converted into increased sales and profitability.
Key business aim
The overall aim of the Company is to deliver sustained annual profitable growth. Therefore each department and every employee must make a positive contribution to our success and to make a profitable contribution to the Company.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Currency Team Consultant is responsible for the direction of all day-to-day activities associated with the purchasing of currencies and stock holding of both corporate and retail foreign exchange operations as well as dealing with our International payments clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of the general areas, which will actively concern the Currency Team Consultant. The list is not exhaustive and may be enhanced or supplemented at the discretion of the Head of Operations.
- On a daily basis ensure that Currency Department meets its goals and objectives, whilst ensuring that all policies and procedures have been followed to provide services effectively and efficiently, taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure that all Currency Buying, Stock Management procedures and Company’s policies and procedures are adhered to without variation at all times.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with Company requirements for excellence in service delivery, meeting health and safety requirements, compliance with legal requirements and the general duty of care towards staff, customers, contractors and any other persons who visit our premises.
- Undertake occasional branch visits inside and outside London in order to remain aware of key issues and help build relationships with the branch colleagues.
Customers/ Clients and other third parties
- Ensure high quality, professional and efficient customer service and support is provided and through our systems at all times (customers in this context also include ‘internal customers’, including the management team and front-line staff).
- Maintain close liaison with banks, suppliers, or other third parties in relation to banknote trading, travellers’ cheques, courier services, etc to ensure the Company receives the best service and support from our supply/ service partners.
- Follow-up any customer/ client requests, queries and complaints as soon as possible and if necessary inform the Currency Manager, Director of Operations or other Senior Managers as appropriate.
- Manage the distribution of currency stocks to ensure that limits are not exceeded and to take appropriate remedial action when necessary, liaising with the Currency Manager and other departments as appropriate.
- Review, monitor delivery and collection schedules, to ensure maximum efficiency and to meet branch/ client/ customer and operational needs.
- Provide assistance to the Operations Team when required including front line telephone support.
- Deal with and respond to all Service desk Orders (helpdesk software) from branches in a timely manner.
- Ensure the timely and accurate exchange of internal currency data including rate sending / day-end collection as required.
- Ensure that all information relating to customers, clients and other third parties are processed and maintained in accordance wi